Hello, I’m required to write an argument from the play Sophocles ANTIGONE.
In this writing project you will use the Aristotlean Argument as inspiration while imagining your creative argument for a character in ANTIGONE. Your argument can be in any form; prose, poem, a scene, a choral moment, or any other form you want to experiment with.
Write a formal argument in any form for one of the character’s and their actions in ANTIGONE. You may write a poem, a short story, a formal argument that a defense attorney might give to a jury- the form is up to you. You may use text from any of the versions of ANTIGONE that we have viewed and read. You can focus on any character or even a section of the Chorus to form your argument.
Most importantly is to be open and creative about the form you choose to support your argument.
For a guideline to the steps of the Aristotalian Argument go here for research .
–here are the main bullet points of an argument in Aristotle’s form – do not overlook the third point – it is important to explain the other side. !
“Of course, your professor may require some variations, but here is the basic format for an Aristotelian, or classical, argumentative essay:
Introduce your issue. At the end of your introduction, most professors will ask you to present your thesis. The idea is to present your readers with your main point and then dig into it.
Present your case by explaining the issue in detail and why something must be done or a way of thinking is not working. This will take place over several paragraphs.
Address the opposition. Use a few paragraphs to explain the other side.
Refute the opposition one point at a time.
Provide your proof. After you address the other side, you’ll want to provide clear evidence that your side is the best side.
Present your conclusion. In your conclusion, you should remind your readers of your main point or thesis and summarize the key points of your argument. If you are arguing for some kind of change, this is a good place to give your audience a call to action. Tell them what they could do to make a change.”
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.