As we work through different types of disorders, it is easy to focus on the disorder itself, and forget about the person themselves…who have lives that have been drastically altered by their brain injury. As we wrap up our journey through the different types of aphasia, this module will help bring our focus back to the person. To complete this module, please watch Aphasia – The Movie, starring Carl McIntyre – an actor who experienced a stroke resulting in severe Broca’s aphasia. Then, follow the directions below to receive credit for the module.
There are two ways to watch the video: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/aphasia
Please note that there is some cursing in the movie…as we mentioned in class, automatic speech, like counting, common greetings, and curse words are often more available to individuals with aphasia than other words. But it is not superfluous. It is very much a real reflection of aphasia.
To receive credit for this module, please paste into the text box provided below a well-written paragraph (5-7 sentences) describing your overall observations and impressions about Carl’s story – include at least two examples seen in the movie about the symptoms of Broca’s aphasia we have covered in class, and also include at least two additional observations that you noticed regarding the burdens that aphasia has on a person’s life, beyond strictly the communication impairments themselves.
(1) Watch on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/aphasiaLinks to an external site.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.