Assessment 5 Instructions: Positioning Map
Create a positioning map for an organization of your choice and analyze the results.
A positioning map helps measure an organization against the competition on two dimensions that are important in the marketplace. Examples could be capacity, customer service, conservative versus edgy, price, convenience, or customer loyalty. Many organizations are increasingly using product positioning maps to look at how their products and services are positioned in comparison to competitors and to find ways to implement strategies. This information is especially useful for marketing managers.
Implementation is sometimes more difficult than strategy formulation. Annual objectives, the organizational chart, and organization culture can be used to increase the probability of implementation. A good strategy does not guarantee successful implementation. Although they are interdependent, they are different by nature. Strategy implementation means change. The real work begins after the strategies are created. Implementation requires the support and hard work of employees, and resistance can sabotage implementation. Managers and employees must be motivated to implement strategies. Implementation requires matching structure to strategy, linking performance to pay, creating a change climate, managing political relationships, creating a strategy-supportive culture, adapting key processes, and managing human resources. Establishing objectives and policies and allocating human resources are also important to implementation.
Successful strategy implementation depends on the cooperation of all the functional managers:
- Marketing is frequently required to increase sales revenue with new products.
- Finance managers must find implementation approaches at low cost and minimum risk.
- Research and development has to transfer complex technologies or develop new technologies to implement strategies.
- Information systems is tasked to provide leadership and training for employees.
- It is clear that these requirements, and more, determine an organization’s success.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Positioning Map Template [DOC].
- Create a positioning map for an organization of your choice. Select an organization to analyze. Ideally, the company you choose will be a familiar one and one to which you have easy access, such as your place of employment or a company close to where you live. You may use the same organization for other assessments in this course. Assess your chosen organization against potential competitors.
Complete the following:
- Using the Positioning Map Template [DOC] linked above, determine two important factors and descriptors for the ends of the continuums, such as capacity, customer service, convenience, et cetera.
- Include your organization’s competitors in your map for the same two factors you chose for your selected company.
- Analyze the results.
- Discuss issues that leaders face when interpreting these results.
- Additional Requirements
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: If you use sources, ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Analyze issues associated with stakeholders in the strategic planning process.
- Analyze an important factor for both the vertical and horizontal axes of the continuum.
- Compare an organization against the competition on the same two factors.
- Analyze issues leaders face when interpreting the results of the positioning map.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.