discussing the key responsibilities and features that pharmaceutical CMC Regulatory functions must possess in order to succeed, while applying these characteristics to an emerging topic of your choice impacting industry.
In the already complex field of pharmaceuticals, CMC has become more intricate. For example, new formulations have changed CMC requirements, dictated by the need to characterize products of increased complexity and the expectation of regulatory authorities that companies will keep pace with the latest technologies to minimize quality risks.
Industry has progressed from synthesizing small peptides to generating full-fledged protein therapeutics routinely on a large scale. It is familiar with recombinant proteins that mimic endogenous agonists (e.g. interferon, insulin), and is equally familiar with the wave of monoclonal antibodies. Recombinant proteins have become common science in CMC’s standardized development processes with
the introduction of platforms such as optimized expression systems and vectors.
These emerging categories of therapeutics will place new demands on CMC RA, for example, greater cross-functional cooperation and focus on relationships with regulatory agencies. These trends will demand an appraisal of CMC Regulatory capabilities based on a company’s product pipeline.
Examples of emerging CMC-related topics are listed below. Choose one from the list, or a separate topic of interest. Summarize the relevance and impact of your topic in relation to key responsibilities and characteristics of a CMC Regulatory function necessary for effectively meeting regulatory requirements throughout drug development.
Manufacturing processes may now involve transgenic plant cell cultures and transgenic animals
In addition to commercial recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies, there are now commercial cell-based medicines and DNA-based medicines (gene therapy)
Strategic international regulatory guidances have been adopted that are driving the entire industry to a higher standard of performance, including Quality by Design and Quality Risk Management
Biosimilars are growing in number with high-revenue biopharma molecules going off patent
Advanced-formulation products, which have a complex drug delivery formulation and are intended to improve pharmacodynamics and target the drug substance to specific areas
Antibody-drug conjugates are gaining importance; in this case, the covalent modification redefines the mechanism of action of the mAb, creating the opportunity for a new level of drug potency
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.