For this assignment you will observe several children as they grow between the ages of 7 months and 30 months of age. The observation will last for just over 1 hour, by video. During the observation you’ll complete an Ounce Scale Assessment checklist of developmental milestones for each child. These checklists are located in the Assignment Files folder on Blackboard. Please follow the instructions below to complete the assignment:
1. Watch the entire video Exploratory Play https://www.kanopy.com/en/product/76447 (1 hr, 11 mins). Take detailed observation notes as you watch the video. Look for milestones of development using the Ounce Scale Assessment checklists and the textbook. Open or print these checklists before watching the video. Study the checklists before watching the videos so you have an idea of the milestones to look for as you observe the children playing.
2. Complete and submit 7 Ounce Scale Assessment checklists, one for each child by age in the video, as follows:
a. Jamie, age 7 months (submit the 8 mo checklist)
b. Jamie, age 23 months (submit the 24 mo checklist)
c. Jamie, age 30 months
d. Ben, age 12 months
e. Megan, age 7 months
f. Megan, age 23 months
g. Megan, age 30 months
3. Select either Megan or Jamie and write a report (approx. 1.5 pages) that summarizes her development at 30 months of age. Your report should include at least 3 detailed paragraphs, addressing:
a. Social-emotional development with related milestones and examples
b. Cognitive development (including language) with related milestones and examples
c. Physical development (gross motor, fine motor) with related milestones and examples
4. In the report: refer to the textbook and Ounce Scale Assessment checklists as you analyze the child’s development. Discuss where the child may be exceeding expected milestones and where the child may be delayed (if applicable), as well as where the child is meeting expectations. Include in your analysis areas of development that are unobserved. Cite the textbook to support your statements throughout the paper.
5. Provide 6 developmentally appropriate activities that would best support or accelerate the child’s development, 2 for each domain. List the activity and provide a rationale for why you chose this activity.Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.