Source: Nella Larsen’s Passing
Use close reading to make an argument about how Nella Larsen’s Passing represents race and the race line in US culture. Does it believe race is something you are born with, as the “one drop” rule would have it? Or is race something you acquire, via your community or culture? Or is it somewhere in between?
Go through the novel and select two or three interesting scenes that illustrate how the text represents the concept of race. As you begin to draft, look closely at the language of each scene and begin to uncover the implications of her word choices, figurative language, structure, and so forth. Perform a close reading of these scenes to advance an original thesis that interprets what the text wants us to believe about race, the race line, or “passing.” Use the “X/Y” thesis statement format to introduce productive contrast into your argument. (E.g. “While many people believed X about race, Larsen’s Passing argues that race is Y.”)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.