Assignment – Role of the Health Care Administrator
As you complete your studies as a master’s-prepared health care administrator, what role do you envision for yourself? As you know by now, there are many roles and areas of specialty from which to choose. Since you have almost completed your master’s degree, imagine you have been asked by your dean to make a presentation to a group of undergraduate students who are considering becoming health care administrators.
Your ultimate goal is to sell a health care administrator career to this group of undergraduate students by using all the duties of a healthcare administrator from the What Medical and Health Services Managers Do page of the Occupational Outlook Handbook website, and then personalizing it to how you envision health care will succeed in the next decade.
Write a 1–2 page executive summary of your presentation, plus a 3–5 page paper where you will synthesize the functions of the master’s-prepared health care administrator, including role, responsibilities, and priorities. You will also need to touch on all major components of a health care administrator, such as, but not limited to, human resources, finance, information technology, regulatory topics, and leadership.
For this assignment, you will focus on the following six duties from the What Medical and Health Services Managers Do page of the Occupational Outlook Handbook website:
Improve efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services
Develop departmental goals and objectives
Ensure that the facility in which they work is up to date on and compliant with laws and regulations
Recruit, train, and supervise staff members
Manage the finances of the facility, such as patient fees and billing
Create work schedules
Your executive summary and paper must include all the elements listed below, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
Provide executive summary of a health care administrator’s job responsibilities.
Outline at least six specific functions of a health care administrator.
Describe successful leadership traits for the six identified health care administrator functions.
Analyze current health care challenges confronting health care administration professionals.
Summarize the knowledge and skills necessary for health care leaders to succeed for the next 10 years.
Use at least three quality academic references.
Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library.
Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Meet requirements for clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
What Medical and Health Services Managers Do
Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.