Faking It assignmen
Directions for Faking It Assignment
Students are to read the articles:
“Faking It: Sex, Lies and Women’s Magazines” Faking It by Liza Featherstone
“She Wrote Fake News for Cosmopolitan and Now Regrets Misleading Women on Feminism.” She Wrote Fake News For Cosmo, but Regrets Misleading WomenLinks to an external site.
Students are to watch the YouTube video about Cosmopolitan writer, Sue Ellen Browder. Cosmopolitan Writer Sue Ellen Browder on Misleading Women- Feminism YouTube videoLinks to an external site.
Please write a (full) 3-page paper discussing the articles and video.
The first and second pages should include a discussion regarding your opinions and thoughts on the articles and video.
Be specific and use at least 2 examples from each article/video when responding.
The third page should include examples in current women’s magazines of the problems revealed and discussed by the various editors and writers interviewed in the articles. You may use a hard copy of a magazine or an online copy of a woman’s or men’s magazine.
Make sure to include the (1) magazine you found the article in, (2) the issue you are using, (3) the name of the column or article, and its author.
Give specific details when describing the article(s) you are discussing.
For example: look for small print that says “names have been changed” in the articles you are reading. Look for exaggerated claims regarding sex (or other topics) and its impact/benefit on health and beauty. Look for quotes from “real women & men” that don’t sound like how a real person might speak about sex (or other topics). Look for instances where magazine journalists may be trying to push an agenda and make it seem like “everybody” agrees with their point of view. Are you afraid to voice your opinion on certain topics in public for fear of backlash, people shaming you for your opinion, or being “cancelled”?
Be typed, 12 point font, double spaced MLA format.
Include proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Include proper paragraphs.
Include proper format (introduction, body, conclusion).
Include a cover page.
Include a works cited page.
Be a full 3 pages (in addition to your cover page and works cited page).
Remember to cite your sources (MLA proper citation). Otherwise it is considered plagiarism.
1. Who is Kevin Carter (photojournalist) and what is he know for? (You can do your own research or use the articles posted below)
2. What ethical controversy surrounds one of his pictures? Name the picture and describe the controversy.
3. Do you agree with his actions? Were his actions justified? Were they ethical?
4. Would you have handled the situation differently? If so, how?
5. What if it meant the result would be different and the impetus for aid for the region would not have existed? Is it justifiable to not intervene if it brings greater awareness to a problem or issue?
6. Share an example when you, someone you know, or someone you viewed on the internet or social media filmed a situation when they probably should have stopped recording and helped.
7. Find an example on the internet and post a link to someone who kept recording when you think they should have put the camera (phone etc…) down and helped instead of recording the situation. If we can’t click on the link for instant access you will lose 5 points.
Images of suffering can bring about change but are they ethical? (Links to an external site.)
Shoot First Then Help (Links to an external site.)
Movie to watch if you are interested in learning more about Kevin Carter: The Bang Bang Club
The Bang Bang Club official movie trailer (Links to an external site.)
1. Share with the class one area of Media Law you find interesting. Tell us what the area is and why it is interesting to you.
2. Share a current controversy regarding any area of Media Law. (1-2 paragraphs)
3. What are the current limitations on Freedom of Speech on social med
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.