Prior to completing this discussion forum, read Chapter 21 of your textbook.
There is no standard definition for big data or data mining. In this discussion forum, we follow the general definitions used in our textbook. â€œBig dataâ€ refers to a dataset that is too complex and big to apply traditional data analysis methods. â€œData miningâ€ is discovery-oriented in comparison to traditional databases when users know what they are looking for in the database.
Our textbook refers to the four Vs (i.e., volume, variety, velocity, and veracity) that make the big data big. Volume or the size is what everyone corresponds with big data, but the other three variables contribute to the complexity that is associated with big data.
In your post,
- Provide an example of a company that is collecting big data for competitive advantage. Explain how each of the three Vs, outside the volume, is helping the company achieve competitive advantage.
- Explain the values of data mining in a business and at least three challenges in managing a data mining project.
Guided Response:Â Your initial response should be a minimum of 300 words in length. Respond to at least two of your classmates by commenting on their posts. Though two replies are the basic expectation for class discussions, for deeper engagement and learning you are encouraged to provide responses to any comments or questions others have given to you. Continuing to engage with peers and the instructor will further the conversation and provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your content expertise, critical thinking, and real-world experiences with the discussion topics.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.