This is the COVID work from home, hybrid, full office work you have done earlier.
Each reply must be at least 1 paragraph and 100 words in overall length.
Each post must address the original post and can either agree or disagree with the original
poster’s position. As with the original post – support your arguments, but you are only required to
have 1 supporting argument and cite at least 1 external source for this reply.
I work as an Information Technology Specialist at a small community college, and I remember
that at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, my employer, like many organizations, was
scrambling to implement its continuity of operations. Fortunately, we were in a good position, as
I had been charged with a project in 2014 to design, develop, and implement a technology known
as virtual desktop infrastructure, or more commonly known as VDI. I won’t go into all of the
geeky technical details, but basically, VDI allows one to access their work-provided desktop,
files, drive mappings, the whole nine yards, from anywhere, whether it be on premises at one’s
employer or from one’s home. All an employee needs is internet access.
Once we transitioned to work-from-home mode, I quickly realized that I missed the daily face-
to-face interactions with my peers and students. Also, as the administrator of our VDI system, I
realized many needed direct supervision as I could see when employees logged in as well as
when they logged out. It was very easy to tell who was dedicated and who was not. Make no
mistake, I wasn’t snooping, but rather, I had to monitor resources to make sure our system had
While remote work offers many benefits to employees as well as employers, such as increased
freedom and flexibility, a better work-life balance, and dramatic cost reductions for businesses
(Kitazawa, 2022), based on my personal experiences, I believe a hybrid work model is a better
solution for both employees and employers.
A total remote work-from-home policy presents challenges such as scheduling and coordinating
work across teams, providing opportunities for managers to praise and offer motivation, and
allowing managers to detect when to intervene with employees who are having problems
Many companies believe that remote work does not promote or maintain an organization’s
culture or allow for effective employee management (Taplin, 2023). While many believed,
during the pandemic, that remote work was the way of the future, many tech companies are no
longer embracing a total remote work policy. Many organizations are realizing that it is difficult
to monitor the job development skills
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.