Social psychology includes the study of attitudes, persuasion, self-understanding, and people’s everyday behaviors in their relationships with others. In addition, social psychologists study social behavior and how people influence one another. A stereotype is a belief or expectation about a group of people. Prejudice is an unfavorable attitude toward a group of people. It is usually associated with discrimination, which is the unequal treatment of diverse groups.
Decades ago, Americans admitted their prejudices openly. Today, most people believe in fair treatment for everyone, or so they say. However, are people as unprejudiced as they claim to be? Researchers have sought ways to measure subtle prejudices people do not want to admit. A popular method is the implicit association test (IAT), which measures reactions to combinations of categories.
Watch Social Psychology: Stereotypes, Prejudice, & Discrimination: Defining Terms.
Click Here and Take the IAT.
Then, reflect on your lived experiences and answer any three (3) of the questions below:
When have you been stereotyped?
What are the narratives surrounding your stereotyping experiences?
How did they make you feel?
How did you know you were being stereotyped?
How is the stereotype perpetuated?
Do you know others who have had to deal with a similar stereotype?
Do you know of any films, commercials, or books that reinforce this stereotype?
What can you do to manage these situations?
How do you want people to perceive you?
What can you do to change people’s perceptions?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.