There were a lot of “rumors” and facts related to COVID-19 regarding treatment and what was happening (and continues to happen) in the rest of the world. Read Chapter 5 — it discusses surveillance, rumors, and disaster information systems. I am sharing with you again the GIS map link: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 (Links to an external site.)
Appendix BB has useful internet references and resources. I would like you to look through some of those resources. I have shared a link to the CDC on this week’s page and their surveillance information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html (Links to an external site.)
Watch the following video on surveillance:
Your Discussion Scenario:
Select any contagious illness. THE ILLNESS I HAVE CHOSEN IS THE NOROVIRUS
Now, imagine you were working for your local health department and you need to set up surveillance for a local elementary school which has approximately 500 students.
1. Identify your contagious illness. DO NOT DO
2. Describe the factors that make it contagious and describe the symptoms. DO NOT DO
3. What would you want to consider when thinking about setting up your surveillance system?
4. Which surveillance system would be best to use — passive, active, rumor, syndromic, and sentinel. DO NOT DO
5. Would you use GIS to help? DO NOT DO
6. Who are your risk groups? DO NOT DO
7. How would you in theory set it up, what would you look for? (This is your implementation plan).
8. How will you communicate the presence of this illness in the school to parents? DO NOT DO
9. What will be included in this communication? DO NOT DO
ONLY DO QUESTIONS 3 &7 AS I WILL HAVE DONE THE REST.
I HAVE ADDED THE CHAPTER FROM THE BOOK IN THE FILES TO USE AS REFERENCE AND ALSO PLEASE USE THE LINKS PROVIDED TO ANDWER THE TWO QUESTIONS WITH PROPER APA CITATION
Please use your text, the CDC website and any other information relating to public health surveillance. This is more of a theory and what would be “ideal”.
Since many of you have children in school, you may have experience in how your child’s school handled surveillance for a contagious illness.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.