A. Using the Internet, find a definition of active euthanasia and then explain what active euthanasia is in your own words. After describing active euthanasia, use what you learned about natural law theory this week to describe what a natural law theorist would say about the ethics of active euthanasia. Last, do you agree with what a natural law theorist would say about active euthanasia – why or why not?
B. We looked this week at The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. One of the rights that it mentions is the right not to be tortured. Do you think that this is a right that all people have? Consider this issue within the context of war. Suppose that a group, such as the United States, captures a terrorist, but this terrorist will not give information about future terrorist attacks on America. Would it be ethical to torture this individual in order to try to obtain this information? Why or why not?
C. One of the things that we will be doing each week is discussing some cases from our textThinking Critically About Ethical Issues. Look at Case 3 on page 94. After looking at this case, answer this question about it. How would a natural law theorist reason about this case?
3. On a Sunday morning in the spring of 2010 in New York City, a homeless man attempted to save a woman from an attacker and was stabbed in the process. For over an hour, he lay bleeding on the sidewalk in plain view of passersby. Several people stopped to look at him. One man shook him. Another took a photo of him with a cell phone. But no one helped him or called 911. The man died there. Evaluate the morality of the passersby behavior in light of what you learned in this chapter.
D. One of the things that we will be doing each week is discussing some cases from our text Thinking Critically About Ethical Issues. Look at Case 23 on page 97. After looking at this case, answer this question about it. Are anyone’s rights violated in this case?
23. A large grocery chain orders its personnel department to screen out all grocery clerk applicants who have a prison record, a history of alcohol/drug abuse or mental illness, or a problem with obesity.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.