Unit 2 Health History. 1000w. 4 references. Due 3-14-23
Consider performing a health history on someone that may not be able to provide you with answers, such as an infant, child, an elderly person, a developmentally disabled individual, or patients who speak a language you do not know.
Â· What strategies would you employ to obtain a complete health history?
Â· Provide a rationale for why you think these strategies would be effective.
Â· Research and summarize an evidence based article the addresses the importance of obtaining accurate health history.
Â· What impact does health history have on patientâ€™s outcome?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Attaining a patients’ complete health history is an essential part of the plan of
patient care. The examination of an older patient has numerous unique attributes in
contrast to the usual system of the medical history and physical examination. (Bickley,
2016). Healthcare providers must learn to assume many skills, practices, and approaches
when examining the aging patients. As a future nurse practitioner, I will obtain health
history through the patients’ parents if the patient is a minor or an infant. If the patient has
a developmental delay or is hearing impaired, I will obtain health history from one who has
medical power of attorney, or from an interpreter. If the patient has a language barrier, I
will find a family member or interpreter to help with the medical examination and history.
For the aging adult, there is a need for better-conversing methods, with distinct stress on
interview topics, and a focused performance examination. (Bickley, 2016). Parents need
to know the importance of an accurate health history for their child’s medical records. A
precise series of questions will be directed towards the parents concerning the child’s
current state of health. This is an efficient method since the parents and family members know most of the pertinent information about their children and close family. If I am
having to use an interpreter, I will have a questionnaire prepared for the user to gain the
needed health history and information for an examination. This is a practical approach
since patients’ can more effectively communicate with their native language. As a future
nurse practitioner, one of the most important things you can give your patient is your
undivided attention with one-on-one conversations. (Bickley, 2016). It is essential to
spend plenty of time to devote time for small talk to help ease the stress the patient may
feel having to come in for an exam, stay away from writing notes, looking at their chart, or
looking at a computer monitor. (Bickley, 2016). Make the patient feel important and t
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.