unit 4 dq
Topic: Contraceptive Counseling
You must post your initial response to the Discussion topic before reviewing your classmates responses.
Contraceptive counseling provides education, dispels misinformation, facilitates selection of a method that will be successful for the individual, and encourages patient involvement in healthcare decisions and life goals. Discussing contraception brings the nurse practitioner and patient together to create a tailored plan that meets the individual’s reproductive needs over a lifetime.
Discuss any clinical encounters that you may have had relating to contraception. How did you counsel patients on their choices and possible risks?
woman came in wanting her Nexplanon removed due to increased bleeding. She had uncontrolled HTN. After discussing other options she decided to keep Nexplanon bc her only options would be progesterone only which would carry the same possible side effect of bleeding. She was encouraged to see her PCP to get BP under control and then return to discuss options including estrogen.
Woman came in reporting headaches since beginning contraceptives. She was prescribed a high dose estrogen/progest pill. After discussing options we lowered the dosage and will trial for 3 months then re-evaluate.
You can add to these as/if needed.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.