When looking at the four Op-amps listed, they all have useful functions when it comes to circuit design. After doing some research the one that interested me the most were Summing Amplifiers. A summing amplifier setup is exactly as it sounds. It takes multiple voltage inputs and combines them to create one voltage output. It can also act as a subtractor if the output voltage is the difference between all the input voltages. Since these amplifiers can do both, it gives them the ability to be both Inverting and non-inverting based off the configuration of the circuit, however most of the applications use the non-inverting setup. Here is an example of both setups.
For the non-inverting setup above, you can find the gain using the formula: Av=1+(RA/RB)
For the Inverting setup above, you can find the gain using the formula Vout/Vin=-Rf/Rin
Some of the advantages to using this configuration is that you could apply a DC voltage offset by using an AC signal voltage. This makes the amplifier ideal use for digital to analog conversion applications which is one of its primary usages. A great example of this is having multiple digital inputs such at 0V representing a 0 in binary and having 5V representing a 1 in binary. It will take the multiple inputs and convert them to one output which can be analog. Another usage is for audio mixing. It’s able to add different signals but keep the gains equal. Since it can do both inverting and non-inverting this is what makes it a popular choice for these applications.
Author unknown (2013) Elprocus, Summing Amplifier : Circuit Diagram and Its Applications
Ashlin (2019, April) Forum Automation, SUMMING AMPLIFIER AND ITS APPLICATIONS
Author unknown (2023, February 29) Electronics tutorials, The Summing Amplifier
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.